Bottle Tree is a good place for live sea food lovers, unfortunately for us (especially me) this was not the place, I am here in Yishun (near Khatib MRT) from more than 2 years and almost daily watching the place, but never thought to visit it, may be because it is too near to my place.
It turns out a nice place to chill-out in evening. In our case the purpose was to discuss about our imminent trips in Asia Pacific region. There are many places still to visit, so far we only have confirmation of Bali trip.
- The agenda of the meeting was to explore possibility of Kota Kinabalu or KL and Genting as well as to finalize our trip to Desaru.
- Parties took part in the meeting were Rishi, Sunil and me with families.
- Outcome of “The Meeting” was that Rishi will proceed ahead with finalizing plan to Desaru, Sunil will study and sketch the plan of KL and Genting, while I have explore possible options for Kota Kinabalu trip. Sequences of these trips are as following –
- Desaru coming weekend or next depends on comfort of a couple of other families (Rajeev and Dileep). Sunil is not coming in this trip 😦 .
- Kota Kinabalu during 3 day off of Good Friday.
- KL and Genting will be a weekend trip, any weekend but at least in a gap of 2 weeks other 3 trips (3 rd one is our Bali trip, unfortunately only me and Sunil are going to this).
Here are few photographs of Bottle Tree Park-
Had two excellent dinners last week, one of traditional Chinese cuisine and one of Thai. Guys add my name in list of new Chinese cuisine fan 🙂 .
Night life at Clarke Quay is fascinating. Posting few photographs of the place… more lately, I have to go Mustafa now… 😉
This is addition of one more name in my list of outings… view from the marina barrage was breathtaking, so as the wind… it was blowing too hard for my “Cheap” tripod 😀 , it was shivering like I use to shiver after taking bath in winters. I am definitely not going to buy a good and heavy tripod; it was just a rarest occasion and will not be often.
We must need to have a zero vibration of tripod while shooting for long exposure, what I consider as long is anything greater than 1/125 sec, most of us can take a hand held clean shot with 1/125 sec, though in my case the exposure was for 10-30 seconds… at one point of time my camera demanded more than 30 seconds and this was the time when packed it to my way back home.
I love this place, its very photogenic… though composition is little challenging
14 January, its a day of various festivals throughout India and various part of world. Known as Lohri in Punjab, Makar Sankranti in UP and nearby states and Pongal in almost entire South-India. It is celebrated for new crop. This is the only day of year as per Hindu calender which falls on 14 January of Gregorian calendar, due to the fact that Sun enters into “Makar Rashi”.
This is a day of start of great gathering of pilgrims across India and world to my home town Allahabad, to get rid of all sins by taking holy bath in Sangam in month of Magh. Yes! this is known as “Magh Mela”. This mela (fair), offers some great photographic opportunity, unfortunately I am not there 😦 .
I didn’t like the day since my childhood, as we were supposed to take bath without fail, further we had to eat Khichdi, I really didn’t liked to take bath in chilling winters, neither the Khichdi. For those who don’t know what the Khichdi is let me briefly explain that is a dish of Rice and Urad daal or any other available daal (Pulse). Flying kites was another activity of this day, unfortunately I was youngest, so never got a chance 😦 to touch the thread.
And after all these stuff, this is my Dad’s birthday, a very special gentleman born on a very special day.
Happy Birthday Dude … sorry sorry, (slip of tongue 😛 ) … Happy birthday dad !!!