Heard this term yesterday from my mentor of photography. In layman’s term its blur (fuzziness) behind or in front of object.

Here are 2 pictures for example.

Bokeh behind the object.

Bokeh ahead of object. The object is my mentor Keith Tan though 😉

i am wrong anywhere please mail me to inform 🙂